ABOUT LESSING'S FOOD SERVICES
Lessing's Food Service Management was founded in 1890 by Maxwell Lessing. The company began with the goal of providing services to coffee shops in lower Manhattan. The business grew, and by 1917 was operating a bakeshop commissary and other food services from a downtown location on Jones Lane situated near Wall Street. By the late 1920's, we were serving meals to New York's workforce in as many as 20 locations, among them the famous Woolworth Building.
Today, Lessing's Food Service Management portfolio encompasses over eighty accounts in the Northeast, serving more than 40,000 guests a day.
In today's climate where people are educated "Foodies", Lessing's continues to be on the forefront of innovation in providing great food to our customers. It's at the heart of everything we do at Lessing's...and it's exactly what you would expect from a sixth generation, family owned-and-operated business. We do all this with the same commitment to quality and excellence that Maxwell Lessing founded the business on more than a century ago.